quiz 2 mico words i have left
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards
. What would you like to do?
(1) The initial metabolic pathway of cellular respiration in which a series of reactions happening in the cytosol results in the conversion of a monosaccharide, often glucose, into pyruvic acid, and the concomitant production of a relatively small amount of high-energy molecules, such as ATP
(2) The cellular degradation of the simple sugar, glucose, to yield ATP as an energy source.
3.its going to utilizing glucose and breaks it down into a 3 carbon molecule athe breakdown of glucose by enzymes, releasing energy and pyruvic acid
The double-layered membrane surrounding the nucleus of a eukaryotic cell, separating the nucleoplasm from the cytoplasm.
(1) The process involving a sequence of chemical reactions that constructs or synthesizes molecules from smaller units, usually requiring input of energy (ATP) in the process.
(2) A constructive type of metabolism.
reaction where you taking smaller compounds and joining them together to form larger Molecules
non competitive inhibitor
An inhibitory effect on a metabolic function, such as an enzyme, not based on competition for the binding site of the naturally occurring substrate, but on a different effect on the molecule whose function is being inhibited.
2.A molecule fits into an allosteric site of an enzyme
Pertaining to or involving a change in the shape and activity of a protein, usually an enzyme, when it binds with a molecule on a region other than its active site.
changes the shape of the enzyems active site
(1) A loop system in which the system responds to perturbation either in the same direction (positive feedback) or in the opposite direction (negative feedback).
(2) A process in which the level of one substance influences the level of another substance.
(3) A mechanism or a signal that tends to initiate (or accelerate) or to inhibit (or slow down) a process
(1) The process involving a series of degradative chemical reactions that break down complex molecules into smaller units, usually releasing energy in the process.
- taking a larger compound or a very large molecule and splitting it apart into smaller molecules
- (2) A destructive type of metabolism.
Does contain chromosomes genetic information for the cells.
(1) A cycle of reactions catalyzed by enzymes in which pyruvate derived from nutrients and converted to Acetyl Coenzyme A is completely oxidized and broken down into carbon dioxide and water to produce high-energy phosphate compounds, which are the source of cellular energy.
(2) One of the major metabolic pathways of cellular respiration, and involves a cyclic series of enzymatic reactions by which pyruvate converted into Acetyl Coenzyme A is completely oxidized to CO2and hydrogen is removed from the carbon molecules, transferring the hydrogen atoms and electrons to electron-carrier molecules (e.g. NADH and FADH2) as well as the metabolic energy to high energybonds (e.g. ATP).
A step in protein biosynthesis wherein the genetic code carried by mRNA is decoded to produce the specific sequence of amino acids in a polypeptide chain. The process follows transcription in which the DNA sequence is copied (or transcribed) into an mRNA
It is the process of transcribing or making a copy of genetic information stored in a DNA strand into a complementary strand of RNA (messenger RNA or mRNA) with the aid of RNA polymerases.
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview