Proximal end - rounded head
(fits into glenoid fossa
of the scapula & connects the acromial end
of the clavicle by ligaments and muscles.
Head separated from the shaft by the anatomical neck & further constricted by the surgical neck.
- Greater & lesser tuberocity separated by intertubercular groove
Muscles of the rotaor cuff attach on these tubercles.
Deltoid tuberosity - deltoid muscles attaches
- Distal end - two projections:
- Trochlea (resembles spool of thread)
- articulates w/ Ulna
- 3 depressions lie above Trochlea: coronoid fossa, radial fossa, olecranon fossa.
- Medial epicondyle distal medial end
- Lateral epicondyle distal lateral end
epicondyles are attachment sites for forearm muscles.
- Capitulum (small round projection)
- articulates w/Radius