The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What information does rates of morbidity and mortality provide?
- Causes of illness and death
- High-risk age groups for various hazards
- Advances in treatment and prevention
- Specific areas of health counseling
How often should an infant/child have Scheduled Health Supervision Visits?
- 1 month
- 2 months
- 4 months
- 6 months
- 9 months
- 12 months
- 18 months
- 2 years
- Monthly visits until school age, then they should be annual.
What is the purpose for frequent health supervision visits?
- Monitor growth and development- try to recognize underlying problems through screenings "secondary prevention"
- Give immunizations - "primary prevention"
- Give guidance for parents about what to expect - common childhood problems, injury prevention
- Assess parenting skills - discipline, realistic expectations of child, safety & environmental concerns,etc