6 elements to standing lumbar testing (basic, just looking at rough quality, range, willingness to move, symptoms, changes, etc)
- 1) PT holds ASISes from behind as pt rolls forward (PT is low, squatting or on a stool)
- 2) pt's hands on butt, head extended, arch back (PT in same low pos) (can be done prone, pushing up on elbows)
- 3) PT reaches to pt's opp hip and pt tilts to that side (PT is standing on the side pt is tilting away from)
- 4) repeat to opposite side
- 5) pt's arms crossed in front horiz like Dream of Genie, PT stabilizing hips, pt rotate to side
- 6) repeat to other side
If it's all good, repeat with VERY gentle over pressure.