The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
1 Corinthians 13
- 1 Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.
- 2 And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.
- 3 And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing.
- 4 Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up,
- 5 Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil;
- 6 Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth;
- 7 Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.
- 8 Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away.
- 9 For we know in part, and we prophesy in part.
- 10 But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away.
- 11 When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.
- 12 For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.
- 13 And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity.
27 Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world.
- 28 And one of the scribes came, and having heard them reasoning together, and perceiving that he had answered them well, asked him, Which is the first commandment of all?
- 29 And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord:
- 30 And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment.
- 31 And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these.
- 32 And the scribe said unto him, Well, Master, thou hast said the truth: for there is one God; and there is none other but he:
- 33 And to love him with all the heart, and with all the understanding, and with all the soul, and with all the strength, and to love his neighbour as himself, is more than all whole burnt offerings and sacrifices.
- 34 And when Jesus saw that he answered discreetly, he said unto him, Thou art not far from the kingdom of God. And no man after that durst ask him any question.
- 45 And charity suffereth long, and is kind, and envieth not, and is not puffed up, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil, and rejoiceth not in iniquity but rejoiceth in the truth, beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.
- 46 Wherefore, my beloved brethren, if ye have not charity, ye are nothing, for charity never faileth. Wherefore, cleave unto charity, which is the greatest of all, for all things must fail—
- 47 But charity is the pure love of Christ, and it endureth forever; and whoso is found possessed of it at the last day, it shall be well with him.
- 48 Wherefore, my beloved brethren, pray unto the Father with all the energy of heart, that ye may be filled with this love, which he hath bestowed upon all who are true followers of his Son, Jesus Christ; that ye may become the sons of God; that when he shall appear we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is; that we may have this hope; that we may be purified even as he is pure. Amen.
- 43 And behold it is written also, that thou shalt love thy neighbor and hate thine enemy;
- 44 But behold I say unto you, love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them who despitefully use you and persecute you;
- 45 That ye may be the children of your Father who is in heaven; for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good.
- 46 Therefore those things which were of old time, which were under the law, in me are all fulfilled.
- 47 Old things are done away, and all things have become new.
- 48 Therefore I would that ye should be perfect even as I, or your Father who is in heaven is perfect.
- 25 And, behold, a certain lawyer stood up, and tempted him, saying, Master, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?
- 26 He said unto him, What is written in the law? how readest thou?
- 27 And he answering said, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbour as thyself.
- 28 And he said unto him, Thou hast answered right: this do, and thou shalt live.
- 29 But he, willing to justify himself, said unto Jesus, And who is my neighbour?
- 30 And Jesus answering said, A certain man went down from Jerusalem to Jericho, and fell among thieves, which stripped him of his raiment, and wounded him, and departed, leaving him half dead.
- 31 And by chance there came down a certain priest that way: and when he saw him, he passed by on the other side.
- 32 And likewise a Levite, when he was at the place, came and looked on him, and passed by on the other side.
- 33 But a certain Samaritan, as he journeyed, came where he was: and when he saw him, he had compassion on him,
- 34 And went to him, and bound up his wounds, pouring in oil and wine, and set him on his own beast, and brought him to an inn, and took care of him.
- 35 And on the morrow when he departed, he took out two pence, and gave them to the host, and said unto him, Take care of him; and whatsoever thou spendest more, when I come again, I will repay thee.
- 36 Which now of these three, thinkest thou, was neighbour unto him that fell among the thieves?
- 37 And he said, He that shewed mercy on him. Then said Jesus unto him, Go, and do thou likewise.
1 Corinthians 8:1
1 Now as touching things offered unto idols, we know that we all have knowledge. Knowledge puffeth up, but charity edifieth.
14 And above all these things put on charity, which is the bond of perfectness.
1 Peter 4:8
8 And above all things have fervent charity among yourselves: for charity shall cover the multitude of sins.
16 And also, ye yourselves will succor those that stand in need of your succor; ye will administer of your substance unto him that standeth in need; and ye will not suffer that the beggar putteth up his petition to you in vain, and turn him out to perish.
45 Let thy bowels also be full of charity towards all men, and to the household of faith, and let virtue garnish thy thoughts unceasingly; then shall thy confidence wax strong in the presenceof God; and the doctrine of the priesthood shall distil upon thy soul as the dews from heaven.
16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.