Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Classification of mixture
- Mixture composition can vary from one sample to next (Soil, air, ..)
- 1) homogenous mixture = composition doesn't vary within the sample
- Ex: solution (sugar water)
- Solvent (water)
- Solute (sugar)
- 2) Heterogenous mixture = composition may vary within a sample
- ex: trail mix
- is a solution in which the solvent is alcohol
- Ex: tincture of Iodine
How can homogenous mixture be separated?
- 1) Distillation is the process of heating a liquid until it boils, then condensing and collecting the resultant hot vapors
- 2) Chromatography
- separation of mixture that rely on the differential affinities of substances for medium through which they pass, such as paper, gelatin, or magnesia.
Liquid dispersed in another liquid in which it's no soluble
is the ability of solute to dissolve in a solvent
- substances that maintain the emulsified state, stabilize emulsions
- egg stabilize oil suspended in vinegar => mayo
How can heterogenous mixtures be separated?
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview