What must be done when any of the following below happens any medical department that provides inpatient or outpatient medical care?
1) A reportable condition has been suspected or confirmed.
2) Significant communicable disease outbreak or injury that may impact readiness of military personnel.
3) Military ships or aircraft are quarantined in international travel.
4) Suspected or confirmed outbreak of nosocomial infection from a single source or in a serious morbidity or mortality.
5) Medical event is unusual in presentation, clinical course, outbreak potential or treatment.
6) A medical event may generate inquiries to the Chief, BUMED or higher authority.
7) As requested by Navy Environmental & Preventive Medicine Unit (NAVENPNTMEDU), naval Environmental Health Center (NAVENVIRHLTHCEN), or Bureau of Medicine (BUMED)
Medical Event Reports (MERs)