pharm. unit 1
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
study of pharmacology?
study of drugs and their interaction in living systems
- the impact of the body on drugs
- the movement, absorption, distribution, and excretion
the impact of drugs on the body
pharm. nursing process?
- A: collection data from pt.
- D: nursing diag. potential health problems
- P:planning interventions
- I: interventions are carried out
- E: determine if interventions were successful
6 rights of med. administration?
properties of ideal medication?
- simple generic name
process for new drug development?
- preclinical: not tested on humans 1-5 years
- clinical: 2-10 years
- phase 1: healthy volunteers unless bad Sid effects sick volunteers used
- phase 2-3: tested on patients for effects dosage and safety
- phase 5: released public use
3 types of medication names?
5 categories of controlled substances?
- I. no medical use, high potential for abuse(heroin)
- II-V: have medical use, but have some potential for abuse.
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview