The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
A cycle menu changes daily over a period of time- and then repeats itself, creating a cycle.
The length of the menu can be anything from a few days to as much as six weeks.
Goal is to keep customers from feeling that meals are repetitive or too predictable
Considerations in planning cycle menus?
- Nutrition: be familiar with all regulation and standards that apply
- healthy eating choices
- budget and cost
- availability of food
- regional food preferences
- staff abilities
- production, service, and delivery methods
- -cafeteria service vs display cooking
- -rehtermalization will have different need ( cook/Chill)
- -equipment availability
- -variety and balance
- -food safety
Types of cylce menu
- selective menu
- -customers have the opportunity to make choices or selection in advance of meal service
- Non selective menu
- - customers do not have the opportunity to make choices, but instead receive a pre planned meal.
CDM certified dietary manager
- par of a national group
- to use the CDM credentials you must have taken and approved and passed a national exam
- continuing education is also needed to maintain CDM credential
- dietary managers who have not taken the national exam may call themselves dietary manager ( DM)
Certified food protection professional (CFPP)