cisco 2 ch 3
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What are 2 advantages of static routing over dynamic routing? (choose two)
1. configuration is less error prone
2. more secure because routers do not advertise routers
3. growing the network usually does not present a problem
4. no computing overhead
5. administrator has less work maintaining the configuration
2. and 4.
Match the routing protocol to its description.
RIP DISTANCE VECTOR EXTORIOR ROUTING PROTOCOL
IGRP CISCO'S ADVANCED INTERIOR ROUTING PROTOCOL
OSPF LINK-STATE INTERIOR ROUTING PROTOCOL
EIGRP DISTANCE VECTOR INTERIOR ROUTING PROTOCOL
BGP CISCO'S DISTANCE VECTOR INTERIOR ROUTING PROTOCOL
- BGP DISTANCE VECTOR EXTORIOR ROUTING PROTOCOL
- EIGRP CISCO'S ADVANCED INTERIOR ROUTING PROTOCOL
- OSPF LINK-STATE INTERIOR ROUTING PROTOCOL
- RIP DISTANCE VECTOR INTERIOR ROUTING PROTOCOL
- IGRP CISCO'S DISTANCE VECTOR INTERIOR ROUTING PROTOCOL
Which statement best describes convergence of a network?
1. The amount of time required to share administrative configuration changes, such as password changes, from one en of a network to the other end.
2. The time required for the routers in the network to update their routing tables after a topology change has occurred.
3. The time required for the routers in one autonomous system to learn routes to destinations in another system.
4. The time required for routers running disparate routing protocols to update their routing tables.
Which parameters are used to calculate metrics? (choose 2)
1. hop count
4. convergence time
5. administrative distance
1. and 3.
Which routing protocol has the most trustworthy administrative distance by default?
1. EIGRP internal routes
How many equal cost paths can a dynamic routing protocol use for load balancing by default?
Which command will show the administrative distance of routes?
1. R1# show interfaces
2. R1# show IP route
3. R1# show ip interfaces
4. R1# debug ip routing
When do directly connected networks appear in the routing table?
1. when they are included in a static rotue
2. when they are used as an exit interface
3. as soon as they are addressed and operational at layer 2
4. as soon as they are addressed and operational at layer 3
5. always when no shutdown command is issued
Router 1 is using the RIPv2 routing protocol and has multiple unequal paths to reach a destination network. How will Router 1 determine which path is the best path to the destination network?
1. lowest metric
2. highst metric
3. lowest administrative distance
4. highest administrative distance
5. it will load balance between up to four paths
What command must you use to to turn off automatic summarization on RIPv2?
What is the administrative distance for the following?
1. external BGP
2. EIGRP internal
3. EIGRP external
- 1. 20
- 2. 90
- 3. 170
- 4. 115
- 5. 110
- 6. 120
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview