Home > Flashcards > Print Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards. What would you like to do?
4 Marketable and Non-routine Cognitive skills (Must have in order to fit in job)
- Abstract reasoning skills
- Systems thinking skills
- Collaboration skills
- Experimentation skills
example of Abstract reasoning skill?
construct a model or representation
example of Systems thinking skill?
Model system components and show how component's inputs and outputs related
example of collaboration skill?
Develop ideas and plans with others. Provide and receive critical feedback.
example of experiment skill?
create and test promising new alternatives, consistent with avaliable resources.
why is introduction to MIS the most important class in the business school(3点)
- 1)Learn to assess, evaluate and apply emerging info technology to business
- 2)Gain marketable skills and perspective
- 3) Moore's Law for innovation
Def. of Moore's Law?
# of transistors per sqaure inch on an integrate chip doubles every 18 months
- 1) Speed of computer ↑ in proportion to density of transistors
- 2) Price/ performace ratio ↓
Consequeences of Moore's Law (2个)
- 1.Data storage and communications costs are zero
- 2.Companies use technology and techniques creatively
The only job security that exists is
a marketable skill (ex: 4个)
what is MIS about?
management, use of IS to achieve business strategies. (goals and objectives)
what is IS?
An information system is a group of five components that interact to produce information
IS (information system) exist to
- 1)assist business people
- 2)help achieve business goal
Bussiness professionals need to (5个)
- 1. Ensure systems meet their needs
- 2. Understand how IS are constructed
- 3. Consider user's need during development.
- 4. Learn how to use information system
- 5. Take into account ancillary(辅助) IS function (security, backups)
Five Component Model?
1)Hardware and People
Software and Procedure
- software instruct hardware
- procedure instruct people
Computer Side is
Hardware and Software
Human Side is?
Procedures and People
Human Side to Computer Side
- Increase effeciency 所以会减轻工作压力加快效率
Computer Side to Human Side
- Increasing degree of difficulty
- May face challenge 因为大多数不愿意太麻烦
the most important component is?
IT = ?
IS = ?
Differece b/w IT and IS?
- IT= Hardware+Software+Data
- IS= IT+Procedure+People
Difference: we can buy IT
, BUT can't buy IS
(because we can't buy people and procedure)
What is Information?
data being process using in your business.
Characteristics of Good Information?(5个)
- 1)Accurate (精确)
- 4)Just Sufficient(足够)
- 5)Worth its cost(物有所值)
2 key Characteristics of Collaboration?
- 1.Two or more people working together to achieve same goal (多人工作)
- 2. Feedback and iteration(回应和反复重述)
Cooperation is not collaboration because _________
Copperation lacks feedback and iteration
5 things to think about in Collaboration (5个)
- Combining Skill
- Share information
- Share knowledge
- Share time
5 most important characteristics for an Effective Collaborator ?
- 1) Speaks their mind even if it's an unpopular viewpoint (说出不受欢迎的观点)
- 2) Skillful at giving/ receiving feedback (回应或接受回应的技巧)
- 3) Willing to enter into difficult conversation (进入艰难的对话)
- 4) Willing to put forward unpopular ideas (提出不受欢迎的想法)
- 5) Thinks differently than I do or brings different perspectives (不同方位思考)
Criteria for Successful Collaboration?
- 1) Successful outcome (成功的结果)
- 2) Growth in team capability over time(提高在团队的能力)
- 3) Meaningful and satisfying experience (得到满意的体验)
4 primary Purposes of Collaboration?
- 1) Becoming informed (share info, communicate)
- 2) Make decision
- 3) Solve problems
- 4) Manage projects
what are the types of decision will be made ?
Unstructured and Structured decision
- undefined decision. no agreed method for making decision.
- are happening for the first time
- clearly defined decision. agreed method for making the decision.
- has already faced such decisions
Ex: a formula for reordering inventory items(what type decision?)
Ex:predicting the future direction of the economy (what type decision?)
Ex: the hiring of new IT specialists in a firm. (what type decision?)
Ex: dealing with a labor strike in a factory (what type decision?)
Ex: buying car. no money no goods (what type decision?)
Ex: a couple plans to open a business in New York (what typed decision?)
Ex: 1)Deciding on an appropriate inventory
2)levelChoosing best investment strategy
Ex:1)Planning new services
2)Hiring an executive
what are the Level of decision?
- operational (operator, banker, walmart worker)
- managerial (manager)
- strategic (president, chair-person)
- Define the problem
- Identify alternative solutions
- Specify evaluation criteria
- Evaluate alternatives
- Select an alternative
- Implement solution
Projec Management tasks(4 phases阶段)
- 4.finalizing (closing)
- set team authority
- set project scope and initial budget
- set up team rule
- revise budget (budget planning)
- decide how mach time and money
- assign tasks
- perform project tasks
- manage tasks and budget
- solve problem
- determine completion
components and functions of Collaboration Information System
- Accomplish task within time and budget
- promote team growth
- increase team satisfaction
- Same time/ Real time
- can be same place or different place
- face to face
Synchronous (same place)
office applications such as Word and PowerPoint
Synchronous (same place)
conference calls (电话会议)
Multiparty text chat
Discussion forums (blogs) 博客
Use Collaboration Tools to Facilitate Content Sharing (3个)
- NO Control
- Version Management
- Version Control
No Control for collaboration tools (2个)
- Email with attachment
- Shared files on a server
Version Management (3个)
- Google Drive
- Windows Live SkyDrive
Before updating, someone will monitor, post after updating
Version Control (1个)
Can see what are changed while updating
Shared Content with Version Control (4个)
- Permission-limited Activity(帐户权限)
- Document Checkout(在退出前修改)
- Version History(修改历史记录)
- Workflow Control (工作流控制)
Porter’s Five Forces Model determine Industry Structure (5个)
- Bargining power of Customers
- Bargining power of Buyers
- Threat of Substitutions
- Threat of New Entrants
- Rivalry - industry rivalry（对抗）
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview