Which 4 statements are true regarding distance vector routing protocols?
1. Hop counts can be used for path selection.
2. They scale well
3. Routing updates are broadcast at intervals.
4. EIGRP can do unequal-cost load balancing
5. RIPv1 multicasts its routing updates
6. RIP sends its entire rotuing table to directly connected neighbors.
1.,3.,4., and 6.
Which conditions cause distant vector routing protocols to send routing table updates? (choose 3)
1. when the hold down timer expires
2. when a change occurs in the network topology
3. when the update timer value expires
4. when a triggered update is received from another router
5. when a packet is received that is destined for an unknown network
6. when there have been no routing table changes for 30 minutes
2.,3., and 4.
What are the 2 characterstics of EIGRP updates? (choose 2)
1. include all EIGRP routes
2. include the full routing table
3. independent of architecture
4. only triggered for route topology chnages
5. broadcast to affected neighbors
6. bounded to affected next hop routers
4. and 6.
What feature was added to RIP to help with synchronization errors?
1. holdown timer
4. Jitter Control
Which statement is true concerning the advantages of a distance vector protocol?
1. periodic updates speed up convergence
2. convergence times make routing loops impossible
3. ease of implementation makes configuration simple
4. they work well in complex networks
5. their convergence times are faster than link state routing protocols
Which mechanism can be used to avoid a count to infinity loop?