EXAM 1 review
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Maintains osmotic pressure of the blood.
**makes up about 58-60% of WBC
essential components of the immune system mechanisim.
Key role in clotting. 4%
give RBC their shape and allows them to spring back in shape.
- 2 alpha cells and 2 beta cells (made in liver)
- 250 hemoglobin molecules. and each heme can attach to one iron
blood cell formation by the hematocyoblast stem cells. about 10^11 is needed daily
takes about 15 days. abt 100 million are destroyed and made at that rate.
FOrmation of RBC's
- 1- Hematopoietic stem cells
- 3-basophillic erthrocyte
- 4-polychromatic erythrobast
- 5-orthchromatic erthroblast
- reticulocyte then erythrocyte
how is erythropoisis controlled
hormonal, thru erythropoietin- triggered by HYPOXIA!!!
how are RBCS destroyed?
taken to the liver or spleen by macrophages. then the heme becomes bilirubin(poop pigment) and the globin and iron is sent back to the marrow for future use.
oxygen carrying ability too low for normal metabolisim.
signs are Fatigue, pale, short or breath and COLD.
what is normal hemoglobin amounts
- 13-18/100 ml for males
- 12-16/100 ml for females.
Sickle cell Anemia.
a hemolytic hereditary disease when you produce abnormal hemoglobin. the damaged ones stick to the walls and cause blockage.
2 much erythrocytes. sluggish blood. same thing as blood DOPEING.
less than 1% of the blood and it leaves the blood vessels by DIAPEDESIS and move across the tissues by AMOBOID MOTION
- All Multi-lobed
- have cyto granuoles and all are phagocytes lol.
the most of the WBC. they kill bacteria by the respiratory burst. they are very active and mobile.
Shaped likr the old phones or sunshades. the granuoles have basic proteins which is mostly digestive and respiratory tract .
Plays a role, in athasma and allergy
- rarest. neuclus is shaped like a U or a F
- THEIR GRANOULS always have histamine. that vaso dialates and recruits more.
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview