Organized Crime T1
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Code Of Omerta
Oath of loyalty
A safe way to talk about business
Attributes to organized crime
- 1. None idiological ( no political goals )
- 2. Hierarchical ( Vertical Power structure )
- 3. Limited or exclusive membership
- 4. Unique subculture ( their world )
- 5. Violence and bribery
- 6. Division of labor
- 7. Monopolisitc ( domonent over areas )
- 8. Rules and regulations
- 9. Perpetuitous ( Continues to go on )
Rules of organized crime
- 1. Respect the chain of command
- 2. Dont ask for the last name's of people.
- 3. "Code of Omerta" the oath of loyalty, dont talk to the police.
- 4. Dont talk about business at the diner table.
- 5. The Crime Family is your first priority and your real family is your second.
- 6. All money earned must go through the family.
- 7. Can't show disrespect twards other made members.
The underboss or second in charge
third in charge
Our thing, or this thing of ours.
Boss of all bosses
Where did the mafia originate
Where did the camorra originate
A friend of our means
A maid meber
Well known politician who pushed the Mafia out of Sicily.
The friend of the family who is between the boss and under-boss. He is there to advise council and decision making
How many crime families are there?
Who is Camorra
A very structured individual who encouraged gang activity for money making and gambling.
Overlooks every crime boss, sets policies, settles disputes,
How many commissioners were out of all the bosses
Where did the commissioners for the National Commission live
5 in NY, 1 from Chicago, 1 from Philadelphia, 1 from buffalo, 1 from Detroit.
What cities are considered open cities because they make to much money?
Las Vegas, Atlatic City, Miami,
What is a Vig
The interest that is paid on a loan that is taken from organized crime.
Factors to become a member of organized crime
- 1. 100% Italian
- 2. Sponsored by 2 made members.
- 3. Vouched for by a capo
- 4. Verified Pass (they need to know who you are)
- 5. Done some work (partakes in a Homicide)
- 6. Initiation Ceremony
What unions are controlled by Organize Crime
- 1. Teamsters
- 2. Garment Industry
- 3. Hotel/Bartenders
- 4. International Longshoreman Association I.L.A ships.
What is Vig
The interst that is paid on a loan that is taken on Organized Crime.
Society Of Saint Tammony ( Tammany Hall )
2 different groups that watch eachothers back. One group was politicians and the other was gangsters. The 5 pointers was wone of the gangs.
Who were the 5 pointers
They were one of the gangs that belonged to Saint Tammany.
Who was Arnold Rothstein
He was a gangmember who was big on gambaling and lending out loans. He also managed the floating dice games and moved them frequently so that they wouldnt be robbed. He also created the numbers game.
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview