Home > Flashcards > Print Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards. What would you like to do?
Where are these religions generally located?
- Buddhism: southeast Asia and parts of china
- Christianity: North& South America, Southern Africa, Australia, Europe and Northern Asia
- Hinduism: India
- Islam: Northern Africa and Middle East Asia
- Judaism: Israel
What continents are mostly Catholic?
How does latitude and longitude work? What do they measure?
- They create an imaginary grid around the earth and give precise location of where something is.
- They measure the angular distances on earth in degrees
How do Literacy rate, Infant Mortality, and Per capita GDP pertain to a country's level of development.
An More Developed Country would have a high literacy rate, low infant mortality rate, and a high per capita GDP.
Shows different symbols and colors used on the map and their meanings.
the action of giving misleading account or impression
Points to North, East, South and West
A map on which statistical information is shown in diagrammatical form
An estimate or forecast of the future situation or trend based on a study of present ones
Determines real distance between points
An arrangement of the natural and artificial physical features of an area
difference between Formal, Functional, and Perceptual regions.
- Formal: areas like countries, cities, states, and countries. - can be proven of presence.
- Functional: Different places linked together and function as a unit
- Perceptual: Reflect human feelings or attitudes
- north America
- south America
What does the HDI tell us.
What affects a country's HDI.
- The ranking of level of development in a country.
- the development of the country
What is geography
the study of both human and physical geography
how a person interacts that impact their environment.
what is the prime meridian and equator
- prime meridian: line of longitude that is at 0 degrees
- Equator: line of latitude that is at 0 degrees
- study of people in their environments, where they live, how they act, and trade
- landforms, and physical geo
where is the Sahara Desert?
where are most deserts located?
- 30 degrees latitude
what continent is Russia on
both Europe and Asia
what latitudes(low/mid/high)are associated with which climates?
what latitude do most people live on?
- low: hot
- Mid: warm
- High: cold
why is the panama canal so important?
it shortens the passage between the Atlantic and Pacific oceans, and avoids violent seas like Cape Horn.
what does a topography map show?
show contour lines that connect parts at the same latitude, and shows elevation/steepness of the man-made or natural physical feature.