Evolution and migrate
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Dinosaurs could not adapt to the warmer temperatures.
The teacher adapted the exercises for his more advanced students.
- adapt v.
- To adjust to the circumstances; to make suitable
India is one of the most linguistically diverse countries in the world.
- diverse n.
- Various; showing a lot of differences within a group
Modern-day sharks evolved from their ancestor Eryops, which livedmore than 200 million years ago.
- evolve v.
- To develop; to come forth
The best feature of this car is its heated seats
As older managers retired, a new generation of leaders took control of the company
- generation n.
- A group of people born at about the same time
No job can be interesting all the time. Boredom is inherent in anykind of work.
- . inherent adj.
- Naturally characteristic; always found within something,because it’s a basic part of that thing
The migration of farm workers from one state to the next depends primarily on the harvest.
- migration n.
- Movement from one place to another by a group of people or animals.
Because of the shape of its throat, an ape does not have the physical ability to speak.
- physical adj.
- Related to the body; related to materials that can be seenor felt
To get a good job, most people go through a long process of letter writing and interviews
process n. A series of steps leading to a result
After getting lost in the mountains, Gordon survived by eating wild plants and catching fish
- survive v.
- To continue living (despite some danger or illness)
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview