Home > Flashcards > Print Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards. What would you like to do?
What is the biggest rule to keep in mind for forcible entry?
Try before you pry
What are some general carrying tips for tools?
- Request assistance with heavy tools
- Use your legs to lift heavy tools
- Keep sharp edges away from your body
- Carry long tools pointed down
- Be aware of wires
What are the types of forcible entry tools?
Striking, prying/spreading, cutting, hydraulic, lock, and pushing/pulling
What are the basic components of a door?
Door, jamb, hardware, and locking mechanism
What are the types of wood doors?
Slab, ledge, and panel
Describe a solid-core wood door
Consist of a solid wood core covered by a face panel
Describe a hollow-core wood door
Consist of a lightweight honeycomb interior covered by a panel
Describe ledge doors
Slabs of wood with horizontal bracing (similar to a barn door)
Describe a wood panel door
Solid wood doors made from wooden planks to form a rigid frame with solid wood panels set inside the frame
What are the two types of metal doors?
Solid-core and hollow-core
Describe a solid-core metal door
Foam or wood interior to reduce weight without affecting strength, covered in a metal sheet
Describe a hollow-core metal door
Metal framework interior so they are lightweight covered with a metal sheet
What are the types of doors?
Inward-swinging, outward-swinging, sliding, revolving, and overhead
What must you do whenever you force open a door?
Prop it open/put on a rubber latch strap to ensure it doesn't close again
What are the types of windows?
Jalousie, awning, double-hung, single-hung, horizontal sliding, projected (factory), and casement
What are 4 safety concerns for breaking windows?
- Wear PPE with face and eye protection
- Clear area of personnel
- Co-ordinate with fire attack to prevent backdraft and flare-ups
- Clear window frame of all glass shards
What are the types of glass construction?
Regular, laminated, plate, tempered, and double/triple pane
What process should you follow prior to forcing entry?
- Double check the address
- Look for a lockbox
- Evaluate the threat level
- Consider entry with the least amount of damage
- Work in a co-ordinated fashion with team members
Name three things related for forcible entry and salvage?
- Try to keep damage to a minimum
- Secure the structure before leaving
- Ensure owner/RP has been contacted to secure the building
What are the four categories of locks?