python (old) vocab
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
is a sequence of characters
Mixed mode expression
- - combining different datatypes – like whole numbers, decimals,
- letters, and words. Usually involves typecasting.
- Input comes in as default type string (words) so if we want to do math with it
- we have to convert it (typecast) into numbers à
§ Var = input()
§ Var = int(var) + 5
whole numbers. Usually called ints
the things that do work – (+ / - * % < > == != <= >+ not and or)
- the things that get worked on (4 + 6) ß the four and six here
is an expression that cannot be evaluated any further (a final answer)
- is a combination of explicit values, constant, variables, operators, and functions that are interpreted according to the particular rules of precedence.
The way something is written (I <3 U vs I Love you)
The - meaning behind how something is written – The same for the two syntax examples above
a storage location which contains some known or unknown piece of data
Assignment vs. equality
assigning (1 equal sign ) is setting a variable whereas equality (two equal signs) issused to check if things are the same
a single line of code to be executed
to do the work in a line of code until a final answer
an operator that only applies to one variable. Ie . -6
an operator that applies to two variables. Ie 4 + 6
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview