The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- A- Normal and B-markedly atherosclerotic
- Capillaries: Smallest diameter blood vessels
- May be smaller than RBC diameter
- Form networks to allow fluids to move through walls
- Note nuclei of endothelial cells of the capillaries
- Capillary LX, monkey cerebellum, molecular layer
- Blue-Endothelial cell
- Continuour capillaries
- Black arrow-basal Lamina
- red-vesicles for transport
- Continuous capillaries
- b-pinocytic vesicles
- c-basal lamina
- d-cell junction
- EM: Transverse section of a continuous capillary.
- •Note nucleus (N), junctions between neighboring cells (arrowheads).
- •Numerous pinocytoticvesicles (small arrows).
- •Large arrows show large vesicles (being formed by infoldings of broad sheets of the endothelial cell cytoplasm)