Pathogenic Microbiology Chapters 1-7
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Temperature requirements for growth (coolest to hottest)
- 1. Psychrophile
- 2. Psychotroph
- 3. Mesophile
- 4. Thermophile
- 5. Hyperthermophile
Growth of batch culture
- 1. Lag phase
- 2. Log or exponential phase
- 3. Stationary phase
- 4. Death phase
- 5. Phase of prolonged decline.
- know how to fill in the blanks -
- Hydrophilic head, hydrophobic tails, saturated and unsaturated fatty acids
- (the unsaturated fatty acid tail in kinked due to the double bond)
Physical Methods of Bacterial Control
- Moist heat
- Dry heat
- High pressure
- Lactic Acid (yogurt)
- Ethanol (wine/beer)
- Proplonic acid (cheese)
The ribosome begins to assemble at the ribosome binding site and starts translating at the start codone. Translation ends at the stop codone.
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview