Describe classification, function, production site, and site of function for the following:
7. Gastric inhibitory peptide -1
8. Peptide YY -4
9. Somatostatin -4
10. Substance P - 3
11. Vasoactive intestinal polypeptide (VIP) - 3
7. Gastric inhibitory peptide (K cells in duodenum and jejunum): SI --> stomach; inhibits gastric motility & secretions
8. Peptide YY (ileum & colon): inhibits acid secretion via inhibition of histamine, inhibits SI secretions/motility, & pancreatic secretion.
9. Somatostatin (D cells in stomach & pancreas): inhibits pancreatic exocrine secretions, inhibits gastric motility/secretions, inhibits gastrin (inhibits acid secretion), inhibits bile release
10. Substance P (neurons & SI) - inhibits gastric secretions, increases SI secretions & motility, stimulates pancreatic secretion into duodenum.
11. VIP (); inhibits gastrin motility/secretions, increases intestinal secretions & motility, stimulates bicarbonate secretion from pancreas