When is ∆ insane under the
1) M'Naughten test?
2) Irresistible impulse test?
3) Model Penal Code?
4) NY law?
When ∆ has a MENTAL DISEASE or DEFECT, and as a result ∆
1) M'NAUGHTEN—did not know his act was WRONG, or UNDERSTAND the NATURE of his act, OR
2) IRRESISTIBLE IMPUSE—was unable to CONTROL his ACTIONS, or CONFORM CONDUCT TO THE LAW, OR
3) MPC—lacked substantial capacity to appreciate the CRIMINALITY of his conduct, or to CONFORM CONDUCT TO THE LAW (MPC), OR
4) NY—lacked substantial capacity to UNDERSTAND THE NATURE of his act, or to APPRECIATE THE WRONGFULNESS of his conduct