The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Interdisciplinary or Multidisciplinary
The primary goal o fthe health care team is optimal physical, mental, and social well-being of the patient
The goal is achieved by promoting and restoring health within the wellness-illness continuum.
LVN's Scope of Practice
Provide specific services to patients under the direct supervision of a licenced physician and RN's
To assist individuals, sick or well in the performance of those activities contributing to health, to their recovery or to their peaceful death.
- Caring for the sick
- Rehabilitation of the sick and injured
- The prevention of sickness and injury
- Help patients gain independence ASAP
Licensure of LVN's
- Protect the patients
- General Public
- To set standards
- practice with in the scope of practice
- maintain current license
- maintain a professional appearance
- perform within legal parameters
Holistic Health Care
A system of comperhensive or total patient care that considers the physical, emotional, social, economic, and spiritual needs of a person.
Florence Nightingale's Nursing School
Operated seperatly from the hospital to ensure that the major emphasis of its activity was squarely placed on educating nursing students
Students had to pass strict procedures for admission, and a residence was provided for them.
Trained 1 year.
Included both formal instruction and practical experience.
Nurse Patient Relationship
establishes accountability and the relationship is legally binding as soon as you take responsibility for the patients care.
duty to provide professional care
Is one who defends or pleads a cause or issue on behalf of another.
A nurse advocate has a legal and ethical obligaiton to safeguard the patient's interest.
The following elements must be present to be held liable:
- Proximate cause
The best way avoid being charged is to practice within the rules and regulations, standards of care, employing agency's policies and procedures.
The nursing relationship is also very important; strive to maintain a positive relationship.
BE KIND AND COMPASSIONATE!!!
Patient's Bill of Rights (HIPPA)
Relates to health care providers duty to protect the confidentiality of all health information.
- Health care institutions are obligated to provide/or:
- allow access to healthcare with out prejudice
- the right to be treated with respect and dignity at all times
- the right to privacy and confidentiality
- the right to personal safety
- the right to complete information about one's own condition and treatment
Consists of an exchange of information that facilitates the formation of a positive nurse-patient relationship and actively involves the patient in all areas of his/her care
does not require a specfic anser and cannot be answered by yes or no
- How do you feel about having surgery tomorrow?
Focused and seeks a particualar answer such as yes and no