CompTIA Security+ Security Fundamentals
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
The protection of available information or information resources from unauthorized access, attacks, thefts, or data damage.
What to Protect?
- 1. Data: information
- 2. Resources: physical and virtual hardware
Effects of Collateral Damage
- 1. An organization's reputation is compromised
- 2. Loss of goodwill
- 3. Reduced investor confidence
- 4. loss of customers
- 5. Various financial losses
Goals of Security
- 1. Prevention: pro-active security
- 2. Detection: finding unauthorized access
- 3. Recovery: data and/or equipment restoration
Any condition that leaves a system open to attack.
- 1. Improperly configured hardware/software
- 2. Bugs in software/hardware
- 3. Misuse of software/communication protocols
- 4. Poorly designed networks
- 5. Poor physical security
- 6. Insecure passwords
- 7. Design flaws in software or OS
- 8. Unchecked user input
Any event or action that could potentially result in the violation of a security requirement, policy or procedure, whether intentional or accidental.
- 1. Unauthorized changes to data
- 2. Service interuption
- 3. Blocked access to assets
- 4. Damage to hardware
- 5. Unautorized access or damage to facilities
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview