HSCI 003, Joints
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What are the 3 different joints?
What are the 7 major components of joints?
- Ligaments (connects BONE to BONE)
- Tendons (connects MUSCLE to BONE)
- Cartilages (precursors of the bone)
- Capsules (surronds a joint)
- Synoviam (synovial fluid)
- Muscles (moves joints)
- The least movable
- They are the sutures in the skull
- Tough joints
- Provide cushioning
- Give motioning at pubic symphysis
- Intervertebral Disk
- There are 7 joints.
- GLIDING: Joints that slide(carpals, SI).
- HINGE: Phalanges, elbow.
- PIVOT: Atalanta, Axial, Radial, Ulna.
- ELLIPSODIAL: Metacarpals, Phalanges.
- SADDLE: Carpals, Metcarpals.
- BALL AND SOCKET: Femur(largest), Hip
- TMJ: Temporal Vendibual Joint
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview