B TECH TEST I | Set 4
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Cast in Place Basic Design Factors
- shape if structural bay: square bays with a two way system is most efficient
- 25' is a threshold between simple flat plates and more complex systems
- the most efficient option is two way flat plates if the loads are typical and the spans are not greater than 25' and bays are square
- integral stains: mixed into the wet concrete, the color goes thoughout
- acid stained floors: an acid wash allows the pigment to penetrate the floors, but does not go all the way through
ICFs Block Construction
- they are composed of high density polypropylene
- made from 100% post consumer recycled plastic
- the plastic is totally inert; emits nothing
- made in an insulated concrete form
Factors When Choosing a Building Material
- dreams and desires of the client
- budget ** HUGE FACTOR
- Material cost
- Labor cost: will be half your budget
- do you need special equipment: cranes, concrete pumps, the workers required to operate them
- regular forms or irregular?
- minimize columns and walls (long spans)
- Location: is it warm or cold? is mold a concern? are you trying to heat/cool passively? is there regional material available? tornadoes? hurricanes? earthquakes?
- minimize offsite or onsite time
- Off site: light gauge steel framing, wood platform frame, masonry, IFCs
- On site: Steel frame
- Size and time: one-three story building; steel frame, heavy timber, platform frame, sips, IFCs, concrete masonry units, straw/adobe, load bearing masonry
- dead loads on the foundation
Building Codes, Zoning, and other controlling Authorities
in order to get started on a project you need to know the use group and the building type
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview