The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- American Occupational Therapy Association
- -advocates & supports OTs
- American Occupational Therapy Foundation
- charitable, takes donations for research, awareness, education, etc.
- Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education
- accredits OT schools
- National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy
- Exam to become Registered OTR
- Occupational Therapy Association of California
- advocates & supports OTs in California
- California Foundation for Occupational Therapy
- charitable, research, etc
- California Board of Occupational Therapy
- gives you your license to practice in California OTR/L
Healthy People 2020
American-establishes goals to reduce health threats
- World Health Organization
- leadership in global health matters
- ICD (international classification of diseases)
Evidence Based Practice
- Using the best evidence available from strong scientific research to treat clients. (usually will involve clinical trails and quantitative
A health profession that aims to help people with and w/out disabilities find and maintain balance, fulfillment and independence in their lives through occupations.
- Focus on the client's individual and unique needs, collaborating with client to create plans and goals for recovery.
- Seeing each client as different and treating them as a whole person rather than simply concentrating on their condition.
- Focus on the meaning and value of occupations.
- Why & when is an occupation used, how is it used.
Preventing illness/disability and promoting wellness
Any activity that has form, function and brings meaning to a person's life.
Doing good, maximizing benefits
Avoiding harm, not doing bad
Autonomy & Confidentiality
- Free will, self-determination & respect for individuality (ex: client refuses services)
- Protecting private information, getting consent for research.
- Compliance with laws, rules & association policies
- Following the Code of Ethics
- Awareness of professional standards
- Maintaining credentials
- Continued competency
- Truthful & honest
- Accurately represent services and disclose information
- Integrity & Fairness
- Treat people well, fair & with respect
- Protect rights of others
What are the OT Domains?
- Areas of Occupation
- Client Factors
- Performance Skills
- Performance Patterns
- Activity Demands