Health Care Essentials 2
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Who started the idea of national insurance?
Roosevelt in 1912
What happened in 1965?
Johnson created Medicare and Medicaid
What happened in 2003
Bush created Medicare Modernization Act which added Parts C and D
What happened in 2009
Obama started the ACA
- Age 65
- paid SS for at least 10 yrs
- Permanently disabled
- Financed through taxes
- Automatically qualify
- Free if pay 10 yrs SS
- If not, purchase with premium
- Pay deductible each time visit
- Medical Costs
- (Doctors Visits, Preventive screenings)
- Automatically Enrolled
- Pay monthly premium
- Medicare Advantage
- Combines part A and B
- Usually contains extra benefits and Part D
- Not Free
- Have networks
- Not Automatically enrolled
- Only through private plans
- Pay premiums
- if not purchased right away- premium penalty
- fed gov pays 50-70% of cost
- low income, elderly, disabled, bind, children under 6, pregnant with fam below 133% pov level
Hoe did health insurance come about?
In WWII companies lured workers by coupling insurance with their job
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview