Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
histology, risk factors
- histology: indistinguishable from alcoholic hepatitis (macrovesicular steatosis, PMN infiltrates, necrosis)
- Risk factors: Obesity, DM, hypertriglyceridemia
- Other risk factors: corticosteroids, amiodarone, diltiazem, tamoxifen, HAART, TPN, endocrinopathies (cushing's syndrome)
- mild elevation in aminotransferases and alk phosphatase
- AST/ALT ratio <1
- 40% develop fibrosis
- 10-15% develop cirrhosis
- control underlying comorbid condition
- ursodeoxycholic acid: decreases transaminase levels, improves histologic features
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview