Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What is a FACT?
A true statement/ Has been proved
What is a BELIEF?
You think it is true / has not been proven
What is a THEORY?
Has evidence to back up, but not proven
What is 1 part of the cell theory?
- 1. All cells are made from other cells
- 2. The cell is the basic unit for life.
- 3. All living things are made from cells.
What are the 4 KEY Organelles?
- 1.Cell Membrane-layer around the cell
- 2.Ribosome- makes protein
- 3.Mitochondria- makes energy (ATP)
- 4.Nucleus-contains DNA
What are the 2 types of cell division?
Mitosis and Meiosis
Mitosis: Haploid or Diploid?
Meiosis: Haploid or Diploid?
What shape is DNA?
What are the Nitrogen Bases composed of?
- Adenine - Thymine
- Guanine - Cytosine
What is a CENTROMERE?
It connects the original chromosome with the copy.
What is SYNAPSIS?
When 2 chromosomes find eachother and begin crossing over.
What is CROSSING OVER?
When 2 chromosomes find each other and begin switching some parts.
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview