Bacterial STD that can infect the mucous memebranes of the penis, vagina, throat or rectum
– 1 million cases reported each year
- – 80% of women who have gonorrhea
- have no signs or symptoms.
- • If they do have signs or symptoms they are
- so mild that they aren’t noticed.
- Irritation of the vagina that is accompanied by a
Pain in the lower abdomen
Heavy yellow discharge of pus from the penis
Frequent, painful urination
Tenderness in the groin or testicles
Swelling of the lymph nodes in the groin
Appear 2-10 days after infection
- • Sometimes the signs and symptoms go away but
- the infections does not.