COPD tutorial for exam 4
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What part of the body controls expiration and inspiration?
two causes of COPD
- Alpha1-antitripsin Deficiency
Alpha1- antitrypsin deficiency
- material produced in liver and transported to lungs to help combat inflammation
- to destruction of alveoli
- Cough with phlegm
- Shortness of breath
- Exercise Intolerance
- Expiratory phase of respiration long
- Wheezes and Crackles on auscultation
- Inability to maintain stable arterial blood gases
- Doesn’t strike suddenly
- Damage occurs before patients seek treatment
- Pulmonary hypertension
- Right heart failure with peripheral edema
Chronic Bronchitis Diagnosis
- Mucus producing cough most days of the month, three months of a year for two
- consecutive years (ALA).
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview