IT 276 Security+ Midterm
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What is Malware?
Software that enters a computer system without the user's knowledge or consent and then performs an unwanted and harmful action
Describe how to Harden a Web Server
Enhancing the security of the web server operating system and system services, although important for defending against other types of attacks may not prevent attacks to web application.
Describe the differences between XML and HTML.
- HTML is a markup language that uses specific words (tags) embedded in brackets (< & >) that a web browser hen uses to display text in a specific format.
- XM is designed to carry data instead of indicating how to display it. Also does not have a predefined set of tags.
Describe how a DLP can be configured.
- Data Loss Prevention is a system of security tools that is used to recognize and identify data that is critical to the organization and ensure that it is protected.
- An administrator creates the rules of the DLP server based on the data (what to be examined) and the policy (what to check for). DLP's can be configured to look for specific data (Such as SSN), lines of computer software source code, words in a sequence (to prevent a report from leaving the network), maximum file sizes, and file types.
List and describe two advantages of a PROXY Server.
- Increased speed-can cache material, a request can be served from the cache instead of retrieving the web page through the internet
- Reduced Costs- Can reduce the amount of bandwidth usage because of the cache
- Improved management- a proxy server can block specific webpages and/or entire web sites. Some can even block entire categories of we sites.
- Stronger security- Can detect clients from malware by intercepting it before it reaches the client. Can hide the IP address of client systems inside the network
What is an Information Security Manager?
Requires an understanding of configuration and operation but not necessarily mastery
What is important about fake antivirus attacks?
It is responsible for half of all malware delivered by web advertising. User clicks on advertisement, then receives a pop up saying your computer is infected.
What percentage of households manage their finances online?
What are confidentiality, availability, integrity, and authentication?
- Confidentiality- ensures that only authorized parties can view the information
- Integrity- ensures that the information is correct and no unauthorized person or malicious software has altered the data.
- Availability- Ensures that the data is accessible to authorized users
- Authentication- ensures that the individual is who they claim to be
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview