Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What type is Ipratropium Bromide?
What is the action of Ipratropium Bromide?
- Blocks vagal reflexes which mediate bronchoconstriction
- synergistic when used in combination with salbutamol.
What is the route for Ipratropium Bromide?
What is the onset for Ipratropium Bromide?
What is the duration of Ipratropium Bromide?
What is the use for Ipratropium Bromide?
- Moderate to severe asthma
What are the adverse effects of Ipratropium Bromide?
Mild anticholinergic effects, e.g. urine retention.
What are the contraindications for Ipratropium Bromide?
- Allergy or hypersensitivity to Ipratropium Bromide
What is the preparation for Ipratropium Bromide?
- 500mcg in 1ml nebule for pts. ≥6 yrs. of age
- 250mcg in 1ml nebule for pts. <6 yrs. of age
What is the dose of Ipratropium Bromide for moderate to severe asthma and COPD?
- Patients 6years of age or over
- 500mcg (1ml) nebulised mixed with salbutamol
- Repeat once whilst indicated
- Maximum dose: 1mg (2mL)
- Patients under 6 years of age
- 250mcg (1ml) nebulised mixed with salbutamol
- Repeat once while indicated
- Maximum dose: 500mcg (2mL)
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview