Nutrition Test #2 WU
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What are personality characteristics of anorexics?
- high achievers
- want to be in control
What are the physical characteristics of anorexics
- extreme weight loss
- body system failure
- always cold
- lanugo-growing of body hair
which is more common? anorexia or bulimia?
What are personality characteristics of bulemics
- distorted body image
- usually eat alone and up to 4000 calories in one sitting
What are the physical characteristics of bulemics?
- rampant tooth decay
- irregular heartbeat
- laxative dependent
What are the 5 functions of water?
- 1. Involved in biochem reactions
- 2. Works as a transporter
- 3. Works as a lubricant or cushion in our body
- 4. Regulates body temp
- 5. Helps maintain bodys PH balance
What is hyperplasia?
abnormally large number of fat cells
What is hypertrophic?
abnormally large in size fat cells
how many forms of energy are there?
4: Thermal, mechanical, chemical, electrical
maintains body temp
Ten things that effect Basal Metabolic Rate (BMR)
- 1.Body size in reference to height
- 2. Age
- 3. Gender (males higher than females)
- 4. Periods of rapid growth
- 5. Health status
- 6. Thyroid function
- 7. Pregnancy
- 8. Individual Variances
- 9. Physical Activity (type and duration)
- 10. Body weight
What are the four steps in Energy Production
- 1. Glycosis
- 2. Formation of acetyl-CoA
- 3. Citric Acid Cycle
- 4. Electron Transport Chain
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview