GRE Math Vocab
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- An integer is a whole number.
- -1, 0, and 1 are integers.
- 1/4 is not an integer.
Even vs. Odd
- An even number is any integer that can be divided evenly by 2.
- An odd number is any integer that can't.
even + even = even or odd?
even + even = even
odd + odd = even or odd?
odd + odd = even
even + odd = even or odd?
even + odd = odd
even x even = even or odd?
even x even = even
odd x odd = even or odd?
odd x odd = odd
even x odd = even or odd?
even x odd = even
- A factor of another number can divide that number without leaving a remainder.
- 1,2,3,4, and 6 are all factors of 12.
- A multiple of a number is that number multiplied by an integer.
- -20, 10, and 700 are all multiples of 10.
- The result of division.
- For 12 / 3, the quotient is 4.
- The number to divide by.
- For 12 / 3, the divisor is 3.
The order of operations is described by what acronym?
- PEMDAS, or Please Excuse My Dear Aunt Sally.
- Parenthesis, Exponents, Multiplication and Division (left to right), Addition and Subtraction (left to right)
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview