Intro to Nursing 3001 Chapter 2
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What is the Critical Thinking Combination?
- Reasoned thinking
- Openness to alternatives
- Ability to reflect
- A desire to seek the truth
What are the different kinds of Nursing Knowledge?
What are the 5 Major Categories of Critical Thinking?
- Contextual awareness
- Considering alternatives
- Examining assumptions
- Reflecting critically
What is the Nursing Process and it's purpose?
- A systematic problem-solving process that guides all nursing actions
- To help the nurse provide goal-directed,
- client-centered care
What Are the Phases of the Nursing Process?
- 3-Planning outcomes
- 4-Planning interventions
What happens in each phase of the Nursing Process?
- 1- Assessment- Data Gathering
- 2- Diagnosis- ID Client's health needs
- 3- Planning Outcomes- Decide goals you want to achieve with your nursing activities
- 4- Planning Interventions- Choose interventions to help the patient achieve these goals.
- 5- Implementation- Action phase when you carry our or delegate actions you planned.
- 6- Evaluation- Judge whether you actions have successfully treated or prevented the patient's problems.
Who is Florence Nightingale?
The "1st" modern Nurse.
Who are some other Famous Nurses?
- Clara Burton
- Walt Whitman
- Mary Todd Lincoln
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview