Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
*High energy molecule
- *“Energy currency” of the cell
- *“Spent” to fuel many cellular processes
*Produce organic molecules from CO2
*Ultimate source of organic compounds
*CO2 is reduced to form sugars
- **ATP and NADPH used to drive this process
- **Dependent upon the products of the light reactions
The light reactions capture energy through electron transport chains
- organism that obtains its nourishment from organic, as opposed to inorganic, substances and does not require light energy for its metabolism.
- (All animals, fungi, and many bacteria are chemoheterotrophic.)
A pigment that is embedded in the thylakoid membranes of chloroplasts of all eukaryotes
sites of photosynthesis in eukaryotes
Cyclic electron flow
A route of electron flow during light reactions of photosynthesis involving photosystem I =producing ATP but not NADPH or oxygen
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview