Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
beginning of solfege
hildeguard von bingen
- wrote spiritui sancto and O Ecclesia
- oldest codex
- instructions for pilgrimage to compostela
- music (prayers to saint james)
- first written polyphony
a drone with words
one syllable - many notes
singing in 5ths or 4ths
- written by perotin (france)
- first 4 part organum
King. Mary. Cantigas de Santa Maria (472 songs).
- translated, "new art". Started by Machaut.
- the ars nova period started standardized notation.
everything before machaut
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview