The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- The organisation which has the overall responsibility for developing elite performers in the UK.
- DCMS - Department of Culture, Media and Sport.
- Invests Lottery and Government funding.
- Gold Event Series 2013-19 - International Development
- - NGB hosting International Events
- People Development - Various schemes designed to support athletes and coaches.
- Oversee and run the WCPP.
The English Institute for Sport - EIS
- Works with UK Sport as part of the UK Talent Team.
- - Provides a network of centres and hub sites.
- - High-Class Facilities/Coaching.
- - Sports Science Support - e.g. Biofeedback.
- - Sports Medicine.
- - Performance Lifestyle - Management of athletes lives - Diet/Nutrition, Sponsors, Media etc.
- - Research and Innovation - Sports Equipment - Best Equipment
The UK Talent Team
- A collaboration between UK Sport and EIS. They help to identify and support talented athletes.
- - Aim is to develop talent of athletes and coaches on the development and talent stage of the WCPP.
Battle 4 Brazil
An initiative to search for potential athletes to go to the 2016 Olympics to compete in Taekwondo.
Bring on Brazil
An initiative to search for potential paralympic athletes to go to the 2016 Olympics.
Girls 4 Gold
An initiative designed to find competitive sportswomen with the potential to be Olympic champions.
Tall & Talented - Talent 2016
An initiative which looked at finding the next Olympic gold medalists in rowing and basketball for the 2016 Olympics.
Pitch 2 Podium
An initiative designed to provide football and rugby players who have been unsuccessful in signing a professional contract the opportunity to succeed in a new Olympic sport.
Athlete Personal Award
- A contribution made by UK Sport to help support athletes towards living and sporting costs.
- - Designed for the WCPP.
- - Direct funding to the athlete is given via a NGB for living and sporting costs.
World Class Performance Programme
A programme created by UK Sport which covers all summer Olympic and Paralympic sports and operates to support athletes at 3 different levels.
Talent, Development, Podium
- The 3 different levels of support on the World Class Performance Programme.
- 1. Talent
- 2. Development - 6-8 Years - £7,500.
- 3. Podium - Elite - Next Games - Maximum 4 Years - £18,500.
National Governing Bodies (NGB's)
- - Write the Whole Sport Plan to give to Sport England.
- - Talent Identification
- - Attract funding e.g. Barclay's Premier League
- - Distributes Athlete Personal Award funding.
- - Liaise with other organisations.
- - Support athletes on WCPP.
- - Provides structures levels of competition.
- - High standards of coaching.
- - Receives lottery funding and Government funding.
- - Distributed to NGB's.
- - Distributed to UK Sport.
- - Funding into UK Sportn including WCPP, APA & NGB's.
- - Sport England
- - Improves Facilities
The Link Between:
- Sport England
- Whole Sport Plan