The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- the generation and creation of speciﬁc visual and verbal messages constructed to
- inform, persuade, promote, provoke, or motivate people on behalf of a brand or
the entire development process of creating a brand, brand name, and visual identity, among other applications.
corporate communication design
- involves any visual communication applications to communicate internally with
- employees, create materials for a sales force or other employees, as well as
- applications used by a corporation or organization to communicate externally with
- other businesses, the public, stockholders, and customers.
- promotion, information, or identity design in constructed or natural environments,
- deﬁning and marking interior and exterior commercial, cultural, residential, and
- natural environments.
- involves the creation of a systematic visual and verbal program intended to
- establish a consistent visual appearance and personality—a coordinated
- overarching identity—for a brand or group; also called brand identity.
- a highly specialized area of design that involves making large amounts of
- complex information clear and accessible to audiences.
interactive or experience design
- graphic design and advertising for screen-based media; also called experience
- the drawing of letterforms by hand (as opposed to type generated on a
- time-based visual communication that integrates visuals, typography, and audio;
- created using ﬁlm, video, and computer software; including animation, television
- commercials, ﬁlm titles, promotional, and informational applications for broadcast
- media and new media.
- the complete strategic planning and designing of the form, structure, and
- appearance of a product’s package, which functions as casing, promotes a
- brand, presents information, and becomes a brand experience.
- intended to introduce, promote, or sell brands (products and services), ideas,
- or events and to introduce or promote groups, not-for-proﬁt organizations, and
- social causes.
- involves the design of editorial content for print or screen; also called editorial
- design and book design.
- a highly specialized area of graphic design focusing on the creation and design of
- letterforms, typefaces, and type treatments.