Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What is the milieu interieur?
1. Environment surrounding individual cells is vastly different from external environment
2. Internal environment remains relatively constant under conditions of health
What accounds for the large variation in water content in different individuals?
The percent of water in various tissues
- - skin, muslce, heart, brain = 70-80%
- - bone = 25%
- - fat = 10%
If water content is computed as lean body mass
, the difference between individuals becomes insignificant
What causes a negative water balance?
- 1. Reduced intake
- 2. Excessive loss from gut
- 3. Excessive sweating
- 4. Excessive loss in expired air
- 5. Excessive loss in urine
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview