Ecology Chp.3 (1)
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What are three harmful effects resulting from the clearing and degradation or tropical rain forest?
- 1) The reduction of biodiversity due to habit destruction that causes premature extinction.
- 2) Help to accelerate climate change due to global warming by eliminating large areas of trees faster than they can grow back reducing CO2 uptake
- 3) Will change regional weather patterns to prevent the return of diverse tropical rain forests in cleared or degraded areas
The smallest and fundamental structural and functional units of life
The idea that all living things are composed of cells
Distinguish the difference between Eukaryotic and Prokaryotic cells.
- Eukaryotic cell- Surrounded by a membrane and has a distinct nucleus and organelles
- Prokaryotic cell- Surrounded by a membrane but it has no distinct nucleus or organelles
What is the importance of insects?
Pollination, Carnivores help control the populations of at least half the species of insects called pest, loosening and renewing the soil
A set of individuals that can mate and produce fertile offspring.
The study of how organisms interact with their living environment of other organisms and with their nonliving environment of soil, water and energy
(Study of connections in nature)
Variability in the genetic makeup among individuals within a single species
(In most natural populations)
A group of individual of the same species that live in the same place at the same time.
All the populations of different species that live in a particular place
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview