The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Define of chronotropic incopmpetence
inability of the heart to regulate its rate appropriatley in response to physiologic stress (metabolic demand)
Chronotropic incompetence is the inability to do what three things?
- 1. accelerate rate
- 2. maintain rate
- 3. decelerate rate
Chronotropic Incompetence is a Class what classification?
CI is inability at the peak of excerice to get above ?
5 possible causes of CI
- 1. age related sinus node dysfunction
- 2. secondary to other cardiac diseases
- 3.medication side effect (beta blockers, calcium channel blockers, digitalis)
- 4.autonomic dysfunction
- 5.endocrine-metabolic diseases
Less-active, less fit subjects require ___________ submaxima rate supprt
- volume of air inhaled and exhaled in one breath
- Rest: 0.5-1 liter
- Exercise: 2-5 liters
tidal volume * respiratory rate
amount of breaths in one minute
Rest: 10-16 breath
What is the best sensor?
a functioning sinus node
Ideal sensor has these quailities
- no special lead
- automatic tailoring of therapy
- supports broad range of lifestyles
- physiloigc response
- supports rates at rest, daily activities, exertion
1st rate responsive pacemaker
used by every company today!
Closed Loop Stimulation