The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- recruitment of AP2 adaptors facilitated by PIP2
- -- PIP2 will bring AP2, AP180, adn epsin to the plasma memrbane, resulting in clathrin lattice formation and budding of clathrin coated vesicles
Role of AP2
- two subunits
- one will engage the cytoplasmic tails of the receptors, allowing some to be concentrated in the vesicle
- the other subunit will recruit clathrin molecules
- release of the vesicle from the membrane carried out by dynamin
- uses GTP and will either:
- - change shape and cause release
- - activate an effector protein
- - contract and cause release
As for the clathrin coat?
- dissociation of the clathrin coat from the vesicle will be carried out by a ATPase Hsc70
- disassembly of the clathrin coat will be carried out by the dephosphorylation of PIP2 by synaptojanin.
Role of PIP2
- recruits proteins involved in clathrin-mediated endocytosis, such as dynamin and AP2, as well as AP180 and epsin
- it also induces conformation changes in a bound protein, such as AP2, revealing binding sites
- rapidly formed and destroyed