The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- structural and functional changes in the body’s cells and tissues caused by disease or injury
- includes a description of the underlying mechanisms of
- the disease.
- a structure composed of similiar cells and their matrix
- work together to carry to carry out a specific function
part of tissue outside and b/w cells that provides structural support and organizational information
- a variable related to increased risk of developing a condition
- can be causal or correlational
Intrinsic risk factor
risk factor pertaining to characteristics of the individual (age, sex, gender)
- risk factor pertaining to the individual’s environment
- (exposure to smoke, UV radiation)