Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What is sleep?
It is a naturally and regularly occurring ASC and characterised by loss of awareness if you internal state and external surroundings.
Describe the restoration theories of sleep
- -Sleep enables body to recover from wear and tear
- -Enables growth and development
- -NREM sleep restores physiological processes
- -REM sleep restores mental functioning and assists with learning and memory
What are limitations of the restoration theories of sleep?
- -Quadriplegics still spend a significant amount of time sleeping despite little physical activity
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview