Sudden Cardiac Death
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What is SCD or SCA
- Death related to an adrupt loss of heart function
- usually related to arrythimia
- UNEXPECTED (MI is excpected death)
What is the most prevelate symptom of SCD
What is the first symptom of SCD?
What is the difference between SCD and MI
- MI=loss of oxygen to heart muscle usually due to blocked artery (death of heart muscle)....would expect death
- SCD= Electrical Problem....very fast activiations that keep heart from pumping....unexpected!
Risk factors for SCD
- Pretty much anything that leads to CAD
- -smoking, inactivity, obesity, age, diabetes
What rhythms are assoicated with SCD?
- High Degree AV block with asystole
_____ makes up the other 20% of SCD related deaths
- non-ischemic heart disease
Victims chance of survial is reduced by for every minute without defibrillation
Primary Prevention for SCD
- prior MI
- Low EF
- class 2 & 3 HF
Secondary Prevention of SCD
- Survivor of Cardiac Death
- symptomatic substained VT
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview