Tx Guardianship (Carlos)
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- 1. Dfn: In Tx. the dfn of a guardian includes the guardian of the ESTATE (property) and the guardian of the PERSON (well being);
- --for an incapacitaed individual know as the WARD.
Guardian of the Person
- Has a DUTY of care and contorl, and protection of the WARD (W)
- Guardian (G) of the person has right to physical possession of W and right to establish W's domicile.
Guardian of the Estate
- G or estate is entitled to posses and manage W's property; to enforce all obligation in favor of W;
- --and to brind or defend suits by or agaist W.
G's standard of Duty & Powers
1. G subject to Prudent Person Standard; a duty to care of/manage W's este as prudent person would manage his own property.
2. G's Power subject to strict court supervision.
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview