PSYCHOLOGY 10 (CH.6)
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
1. Our sleep–wake cycle follows a(n) ________ rhythm.
2.Which statement is correct concerning how much sleep people need?
c) The amount of sleep people need varies from person to person depending on age and possibly inherited sleep needs.
3. John will likely experience REM rebound tonight if he:
c) did not sleep much last night.
4. Sleep research supports three helpful hints to avoid insomnia. Which of the following statements is one of them?
d) It is better to go to bed at about the same time every night.
5. In Kosslyn’s “imaginary island” study, researchers found that it does take longer to view a mental image that ___________.
a) is larger or covers more distance than one that is smaller and more compact
6. Talia is looking for her cat by methodically searching each room and then closing the door. She is using what type of problem solving strategy?
7. The concept of the confirmation bias specifically assumes that we are most likely to believe___________.
b)information that agrees with our thinking
8. According to famed linguist Noam Chomsky, humans have an innate ability to understand and produce language through a device he called
c)Language Acquisition Device (LAD)
9. Consistent with the linguistic relativity hypothesis, which of the following would most likely be true?
c)People from China and New England think very differently.
10. Which of the following is suggested by your authors as helping to substantially improve cognitive health?
a) physical exercise
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview